Last week concluded our Jewelry for Wildlife fundraising raffle, part of our annual fundraising series, where a total of 481 raffle tickets were sold! That means a total donation of $12,025 USD will be sent to CRRIFS in support of sea turtle rehabilitation.
When we emailed Elsa and our team at the Cortez Pearl Farm with the news, the Farm shared how earlier this week they encountered a sea turtle in the pearl culture site for the very first time. They largely contribute this magnificent encounter to Elsa, her team, their volunteers, and others she inspires through CRRIFS. They said they believe this work is yielding positive results, which is now being seen in the Sea of Cortez.
Our sincerest thanks to the nine designers who donated their time and work, MJSA for collaborating on the project, Enrique at the Cortez Pearl Farm for connecting us with CRRIFS, and of course the entire CRRIFS team and volunteers for the work they are doing to create a healthier environment, allowing Mexico’s native wildlife to flourish.
Thank you to everyone who purchased a ticket or shared with friends and family. The donation made to CRRIFS is in thanks to all of you!
To learn more about this year's project, click HERE.
Winners of the Jewelry for Wildlife Raffle Items:
- Amelia’s Mermaid Pendant Winner: Annette Felix
- Andres’ Pendant Winner: Kathe Mai
- Claudia’s Earring Winner: Dana Malone
- Hannah’s Pendant Winner: Julie Smythe
- Kindred’s Ring Winner: Lisa Watts
- Liz’s Convertible Earring Winner: Sue Huett
- Megan’s Earring Winner: Jamie Hollier
- Olivia’s Dual Pendant Winner: Cathryn Chenkus
- Stephanie Maslow Blackman’s Necklace Winner: Rosina May Straw
To watch the drawings, click the video below.